The Crestmont School Educational Program is built on a foundation of community, best practice methods and progressive educational principles.
Crestmont School is built on a caring and supportive framework of teachers, staff and family members. For over forty years, our educational program has been supported by a community of learners committed to inclusion, engagement and kindness. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse and outstanding faculty.
Best Practice Methods
Crestmont School utilizes best practices for teaching and learning including:
- Small classes with low student-to-teacher ratio
- Project-based and hands-on learning
- Integrated thematic instruction
- Relevant and meaningful tasks
- Differentiation, including supporting different learning styles
- Ongoing authentic assessment
- Emergent curriculum
We offer a progressive education that:
- Prepares children to participate and thrive in a diverse and democratic society, and contribute positive change in their communities and beyond
- Utilizes a holistic approach: supporting children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development.