Applying for Financial Aid
Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year is $14,828. Financial aid is available at Crestmont for applicants who demonstrate financial need. The goals of Crestmont’s financial aid program are to facilitate a socio-economically diverse student body. The school uses the services of School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) of the National Association of Independent Schools to evaluate a family’s financial need. In addition, Crestmont has a supplementary application.
When considering financial aid requests, the Crestmont Financial Aid Committee will take into account the recommendation of SSS as well as other factors such as the number of applicants for aid that year and the amount of money available. The decision to award financial aid and how much to award is solely up to the members of the Crestmont Financial Aid Committee. Decisions are made independently from the admissions decisions and do not affect an applicant’s opportunity for acceptance. All financial information submitted is held in confidence.
To apply for financial aid, please submit the following by the deadlines indicated:
1. Submit online to NAIS the School and Student Services (SSS) Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The form is available at sssbynais.org. Crestmont’s school code is 2545. Crestmont’s financial aid application deadline for the 2017-2018 school year has passed. The deadline for the 2018-2019 school year will be posted in September.
2. Create 4 identical paper packets, containing each of the following documents:
- Parent’s Financial Statement (PFS) from SSS (sss.nais.org)
- 2015 Federal Income Tax Return
- W-2 forms for 2016 (Your 2016 tax returns are due by APRIL 30, 2017)
- Crestmont School Financial Aid Application (Download 17-18 Application Here)
3. Send the 4 paper packets to:
Financial Aid Coordinator
6226 Arlington Blvd.
Richmond, CA 94805
The Crestmont Financial Aid Committee meets in February to review applications, so all forms must be completely filled out, signed, and turned in by the above stated deadlines. Letters announcing financial aid awards will be sent along with acceptance letters in early March. If you have questions about financial aid or need any assistance, please email email@example.com. Please note that although SSS may accept supporting documents, Crestmont requires only that these documents be submitted directly to Crestmont School with your Crestmont Financial Aid application, not to SSS.