Applying for Financial Aid
Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year is $18,660 for all grades. Tuition is voted on by Membership each January. Financial aid is available at Crestmont for applicants who demonstrate financial need. The goals of Crestmont’s financial aid program are to facilitate a socio-economically diverse student body. The school uses the services of School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) of the National Association of Independent Schools to evaluate a family’s financial need. In addition, Crestmont has a supplementary application.
When considering financial aid requests, the Crestmont Financial Aid Committee will take into account the recommendation of SSS as well as other factors such as the number of applicants for aid that year and the amount of money available. The decision to award financial aid and how much to award is solely up to the members of the Crestmont Financial Aid Committee. Decisions are made independently from the admissions decisions and do not affect an applicant’s opportunity for acceptance. All financial information submitted is held in confidence.
Crestmont’s financial aid application deadline for the 2019-2020 school year are:
Returning Families: Friday, January 4, 2019
New Families: Friday, February 8, 2019
To apply for financial aid, please submit the following by the deadline:
1. Submit online to NAIS the School and Student Services (SSS) Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The form is available at sssbynais.org. Crestmont’s school code is 2545.
2. Each family applying for aid must provide all of the information and documents below through the SSS website in order to be considered for financial aid. The following information is required by the deadline in order for your application to be taken into consideration:
- Parent’s Financial Statement (PFS) from SSS (sss.nais.org)
- 2017 Federal Income Tax Return
- W-2 forms for 2018 (Your 2018 tax returns are due by March 29, 2019)
All forms must be completely filled out, signed, and submitted to SSS by the above stated deadlines. Letters announcing financial aid awards will be sent along with acceptance letters in early February for applications submitted in January, and in March for applications submitted in February. If you have questions about financial aid or need any assistance, please email our Finance Director, Shakira King at email@example.com.