School Tours and Information Sessions
We will be happy to show you what makes this school so great! During a tour, you will visit all of the classes and see teaching and learning in action. You may also attend a weekend information session, where you will have more opportunity to talk to teachers and staff directly. We do require attendance at a tour or information session before an application is submitted.
The deadline for applications for the 2018-2019 school year have passed. If you are still looking for a school for your child for this year or next, click the green Visit Crestmont button below to contact the Crestmont Admissions Chair. If space is still available in your child’s grade, we will contact you arrange a tour.
Crestmont School Tours and Information Sessions for 2019-2020 School Year Applicants
Starting in September 2018.
How to Apply
1. You are required to attend a tour as part of the application process (see above).
2. Complete your application online. Please be prepared to upload a recent photograph of your child (JPG format) and submit a non-refundable $75 online payment via PayPal. The application deadline for the 2018-2019 school year has passed. If you are still interested in sending your child to Crestmont for the 2018-2019 school year, please confirm that spaces are still available in your child’s grade before you submit an application.
The deadline for the 2019-2020 school year is Friday, January 18, 2019.
3. Fill out your portion of the teacher recommendation form, then ask your child’s current teacher to complete and return it directly to Crestmont by the application deadline. Your child cannot be considered for admission until the teacher recommendation, application, and fee have all been received.
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for Kindergarten (PDF)
- Download the EBISA teacher recommendation form for grades 1-7 (PDF)
4. Those applying to 5-7th grade will be asked to provide a copy of their child’s most recent report card.
6. Your child will be invited to attend an evaluation session.
If applying for kindergarten:
Applicants for kindergarten are scheduled in small groups to meet with teachers for 90 minutes. The visits are scheduled on Saturdays and after school. Parents remain on campus and have a chance to talk with the Admissions staff and the School Director. To be considered for admission to kindergarten, a child must be five years old by November 1st of their kindergarten year.
If applying for grades one through seven:
A visit is arranged for your child to spend time at Crestmont in their current grade classroom. The visit will be for either a few hours, or a full day, depending on their grade level.
5. Crestmont offers admission in March, following notification dates and guidelines that all EBISA (East Bay Independent Schools Association) schools follow. Some families are put on a waiting list. Crestmont offers admission to families from the waiting list as openings occur.